Hard Power Steering

I recently have transmission worked on from a repair shop and after that steering feels a bit harder than before. By harder I mean to steer (to right or left) I have to 'grab' the wheel to turn. I checked the
power steering fuild level and its OK. I don't know when the steering fuild was last changed.
Its a used 1996 civic with 212K km on it. Any handy tips that I can do myselft to know what might be causing the problem? Thanks in anticipation.
ExtremeValue wrote:

and they're now siezing up. that can lead to failure and this kind of problem:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/lowerballjoint/index.html
Thanks Jim. Actually they said steering problem does not make sense with transmission repair. This will help me arguing with them.
ExtremeValue wrote:

A couple other random thoughts. Raise tire pressure to 30 + and be sure they didn't leave your PS belt flapping in the breeze / greasy (tho you'd probably hear that by now).
'Curly'
ExtremeValue wrote:

Another thought. You hope they didn't add non-Honda fluid to your Power $teering . . . . . Jim Beam's answer is probably the correct one.
'Curly'
No, I did not hear any flapping noise so far. And they haven't changed or added anything to my other fluids. If Jim's answer is correct, how much it might cost me, approximately? The link to tegger.com says "It's a small price to pay, believe me". How small is the "small" :)