Hard power steering

I have a 2002 Civic LX with power steering. When the car is idling, I can turn it left or right with ease. When I rev up the engine, it becomes very
hard to turn in either direction. It will continue to resist my turning even thought I let off the gas back to idle. I have to release the wheel turning motion and then the turning will become easier again, until I rev the engine where again it starts to resist me. Power fluid is full. Any suggestions what the problem might be
Stan wrote:

see response on rec.autos.makers.honda, and learn about crossposting etiquette.
Sorry if I offended anyone buy posting on two different groups. My previous experience showed me that sometimes posting on only one group will not yield any answers.

can
very
even
turning