Hard Wiring an MP3 or Satellite to Factory Radio Accord 2004

I was told by Best Buy that to hardwire a jack from the back of my 2004 Accord radio would cost over $200.00 . Has anyone in this group found a cheaper solution? Best buy also told me that they couldn't even replace the radio in my car if I wanted to because the adaptor kits aren't out so I'd have to pay top dollar at a dealer. Does that sound right? I either want a jack hardwired to the factory radio so I can plug my MP3 into it or get a new radio with a jack on its face.

Reply to
jeffy3

Check out Blitzsafe.com and see if they have anything.

Reply to
Face

This hasn't gotten any easier with the 2006 model, either. I can't believe Honda's best answer for playing MP3's is a second CD deck that costs over $500 installed.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

What do you mean? Could you elaborate? I don't mean to play MP3 on a cd, I mean to connect my MP3 player to the radio. One option I came up with is to get a cassette deck installed and connect through that.

Reply to
jeffy3

Does anyone have a good link for instructions on removing and installing a radio in a 2004 Accord? Thanks!

Reply to
jeffy3

I never really tried using it but you have "line in" on the DIN plug in the back, where the CD changer plugs in. The line ins are at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock position with the common connected to ground at 2 o'clock.

Reply to
gfretwell

how about an fm transmitter?

i haven't tried any of them yet... but what else would you use the fm radio for these days?

probably good to get one that can run off batteries and a dc adapter

anyone here try these yet? i see there's one there for $30 (cdn)

Reply to
shady

I have one and it works okay but it's a pain for several reasons. You have to find an empty channel on the band which isn't too difficult, but if you are traveling any distance you eventually get interference and then have to find another empty channel. then you have to change the channel on the fm transmitter, which is a pain while you're driving (and dangerous)...then if you turn off the car to run into a store or something, when you turn it back on the transmitter is back on the default channel and you have to turn it back to the desired channel again..

Reply to
jeffy3

I have an XM that can go to the FM radio. The deficiencies of FM even show up on that meager signal. Any MP3 greater than 128kbs would suffer from this link. A cassette adapter is better than FM, nociably better than the FM on XM radio

Reply to
gfretwell