Has anyone had to replace the alternator on the first generation CRV yet?

Just wondering. I have 145,000 miles on my '98 V and I'm starting to worry about the alternator stranding me in the middle of nowhere.
The alternator on my '88 Accord died at the 168,000 mile mark so I'm kinda
using that as a guideline.
Thanks.

You could always carry a spare and a couple of wrenches and a flashlight. Of course, once you do that, what about the fuel pump?
I think you would be smart to change the brushes or the alternator before you get a failure. Of course if you're only taking relatively short trips you could make it home on battery power. I changed the brushes on my daughter's 95 civic at 150,000 miles without removing the alternator. One of the brushes was at the min wear limit. That car currently has almost 198,000 miles.
duckbill wrote:

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing...just replace the brushes.
I replaced the WP earlier in the year so I won't have that to worry about for the forseeable future.
Thanks!
Headknocker wrote:

Duh, I meant to say that I replaced the fuel pump earlier in the year :) I replaced the WP a little over a year ago during the timing belt job.