Has anyone used non Michelin PAX tires and wheels on a Touring model?

I want to use regular snow tires on my Odyssey Touring. My understanding is that if I use the appropriate sized steel wheels with the Honda OE pressure monitoring system and the same size tires as the Odyssey EX-L (235x65x16) that there will not be any incompatibility issues.

I realize that I will lose the run-flat capability of the PAX system but are there any other issues? Like mounting? As far as I can tell the suspension including the hub is exactly the same on the Touring and EX-L. The only differences are the shocks and springs have different part numbers.

Honda NA says they don't "recommend it" and will refuse to tell me if I can mount the other wheel (their refusal says that I can - in my opinion. If they had a real reason they would state it.) Michelin claims that I will void my vehicle warranty by doing so.

My local dealership thinks that it is possible but they have never done this yet and they said there is NO warranty issues because I am not "modifying" the car.

Some might say the Touring model was "tuned" for the PAX tire system - maybe so. But for 3.5 months I think it's better to have the snow tires than perfect tuning.

Reply to
poison_1024

Go to

- there is always a lot of discussionabout the PAX tires. Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

As Dan stated, there are many threads at the OdyClub site. Much of it is rather heated with strong opinions on both sides.

The best thread for details about replacing the PAX with normal wheels and tires is at:

The key part in regard to changing is quoted below:

Used the '07 Acura MDX Sport package wheels 18"X8". Tires are from an '07 Acura RDX, Michelin 235/55/18. The standard MDX tires are

255/55/18 which are too wide for the fenders on the Odyssey, some rubbing will occur, especially when fully loaded. Tire pressure sensors were also replaced with the correct ones for the Odyssey, part number:06421-S3V-A04.
Reply to
LakeGator