Headlamps for 2003 Accord

Recently one of the low beams on my 2003 Accord LX sedan went out. I went down to the autoparts store and picked up a twin pack of Sylvania 9006's, according to the little book they got there. Problem is that
they don't fit. The hang-up seems to be that the bulb has one little groove on the one side but the connector has two little tabs instead of one. (I may have it reversed, but either way # tabs != # grooves). Other than that the bulbs look pretty much the same. Anyone else run into this?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

there's the 9005's and 9006's for high & low beams respectively. sounds like there's a mix-up between the two. check one of the online parts sources to get a visual i.d.
http://catalog.eautopartscatalog.com/ipb/wizard.jsp?partner=ipb&clientid=alleurasianautoparts&baseurl=http://www.alleurasianautoparts.com/&cookieid=1TK0JJXZU1TK0JJXZT&year 03&make=HO&modelC-LX4-005&category=P&part=Headlight+Bulb
jim beam wrote:

Ooops... it appears that maybe I didn't look close enough and actually pulled the high beam bulb out of the car instead of the low beam. Guess that would explain why the filament on the old one still looked good, too. I think infant induced sleep deprivation must have dulled my spatial skills.
Thanks for the link. Those pictures were much clearer than what I had found.