headlight clip

I have a 2001 Honda Civic and was replacing a headlight bulb yesterday.

Ran into a problem of the retaining screw on the clip simply not being there. I'm pretty sure it was never there, because when I removed the rubber seal the clip just sprang right out. I never did see a screw on the floor or hear one rattling around under the hood.

Of course, nobody carries the clip part of the headlight separately, not even the Honda dealers around town that I've called up. Anybody know what size and type screw to use?

I'm having a hell of a time finding a diagram of the headlight assembly detailing each individual part....

Reply to
eglamkowski

Razzle-----HTH

Reply to
Razzle Bathbone

Thanks, but I don't see anything in the diagram there that looks like the clip that fell out. And the screw I'm expecting fits in horizontally, not vertically, with the head of the screw facing back to the cab. There's nothing like that in the diagram either.

Reply to
eglamkowski

snipped-for-privacy@angelfire.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Go to a junkyard,find a comparable model and check it out.

Reply to
Jim Yanik