Headlights - high beams ok, no low beams

Honda Civic LX 1992:
When I turn the headlights on, the low beams are out on both sides. When I switch to high beams, they both come on fine. The bulbs are good - I checked visually - they aren't burnt.
Would something like this cost a lot to diagnose and fix? Is this an easy do-it-yourself job?
TIA Bubba
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in

Assuming you've checked _ALL_ the fuses, and assuming you've tried to send direct battery current (briefly) through the bulb filaments to see if they actually light up -- the headlight switch (behind the steering wheel) is bad.
You can swap this item with one from the wreckers, but be really careful removing the SRS, so as not to damage the cable reel!
--
Tegger