heat-resistant paint

A local Midas manager told me to use heat-resistant paint on a new muffler and tailpipe for my 96 Civic to prolong its life. Has anyone had success doing this?

No. It's quite a lot more complicated than that.
--
Tegger

On 05/20/2010 07:44 PM, Ivory123 wrote:

let me guess - they want you to give them money for this? am i right?
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Did he tell you how to paint the inside - most rust from the inside out.
Ed

Yes, that is very true. I used heat resistant paint on the tail pipes and resonators of a 1962 E-Type Jaguar, but it is only for cosmetic purposes. It looks better than the raw iron or steel pipes, and I suppose it does help in avoiding corrosion, especially if there is salt on the winter roads. And there were stainless steel pipes available (Abarth? I don't remember) that would outlast the car. And if you have a Ferrari there are several $$versions$$ that get points in the Concours de Elegance (or whatever is the fancy term for "car show." But for my Honda I just get the factory stuff. There is a lot of technical stuff involving back pressure and flow through and other things that I do not understand, so for my Honda I just get the factory stuff.

"No."

How can you tell if a Midas "person" is lying? Their lips are moving! (just my opinion, of course - I'll relate the reason for me saying that if anyone cares). Bear