heated power mirrors

I just saw (according to consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com) the 2008 EX model has heated (outside) power mirrors. I don't know if any 2007 or earlier models have this option but assuming they do, does
anyone have experience with this option and can you tell me if it works well in the rain (I don't need it for ice/snow) ? Do you recall, if it was an option, how much was the cost? thanks.
db wrote:

They're on my 2007 EX. If the temperature, when it's raining, is such that the mirror glass kinda fogs over (like a heavy dew on the rear window) then yes, they will help clear it. Don't have a clue as to what good they will be in a driving rain storm, never tried them but I doubt they'll "burn" off the rain drops<g>
Naturally, they work quite well in ice and snow conditions.
I don't believe they are optional equipment but rather come with the EX package
db wrote:

------------------------------------
Which vehicle are we talking about ?
'Curly'

Darn, I thought I said Accord but you are right I didn't. Sorry about that. Well, I was referring to the Accord but I guess if any other models have them, the question is the same.
As to my question about using them in the rain, I was talking about a mild to moderate rain (use your judgement as it's hard to put this into exact meaning) and how you thought they work in that type of situation. I know when I have a mild to moderate rain, my outside mirrors typically fog up also and I've always thought the heated option would be nice to have but I'd rather hear it from others since I lack experience.
And if it matters to others, thanks Curly for bringing to my attention the lack of the word "Accord" in my post.
db, wrote the following at or about 9/27/2007 11:29 AM:

That's what I assumed you meant and also assumed (correctly, this time) that you were referring to the Accord.
They work fine in the instance which you describe and, again, I believe they are part of the EX package. Perhaps available as an option on the LX(?)
db wrote:

I'll bet they would help a lot. Dew point and all.
'Curly'
On Sep 27, 7:12 am, db wrote:

I have a 2001 LX with heated mirrors, I have used them once in the 2 years I've owned the car even with ice and snow. This is one of those options you could do without in my opinion.
<db> wrote in message

Came standard on my 06 I4 EX coupe.
<db> wrote in message

My 2001 Accord LX has heated mirrors. They work well in any weather Mother Nature throws at us here.
<db> wrote in message

Got 'em as standard equipment on a recently purchased 07 Accord EXL. Don't get much snow/ice here in central Georgia-- but the one time I used them when a sudden temperature inversion caused all the glass to fog up, they worked well-- as did the rear window defogger. I'm hoping for a real bad cold snap this winter so I can try out the front seat heaters...
My 2001 ex-v6 had them as well as my 07 does now.They are the best.The best option available,other than air in my opinion.

Jack Pott wrote:

They work REAL well based upon my one winter's experience with my 2006 EXL. Use high for about 5 minutes and then drop it to lo until the car heats up enough to make you want to take your coat off<g>
I don't know about the rest of you but I am simply amazed at how quickly my 6cyl starts throwing heat. I start it, let it idle for maybe one minute and take off running. I live out in the country and I'm getting heat within 3/4 mi. Love that car.
As for that cold snap... be careful what you wish for<g>