Heater control problem

Page 2 of 2

Thanks for the info, I asumed the cables were helical metal outer and woven wire inner. Have never encountered an all plastic cable, or do I remember speedo cables being plastic, but then they usually broke rather than seized.
Try a Silicone/Teflon based lubricant spray ???
Al Moodie.
On 08/21/2013 09:26 AM, Al Moodie wrote:

just the outer is plastic [polyethylene i'm guessing]. the inner is single core solid steel wire.

right - constant bending = fatigue.

didn't work for me.

--
fact check required

Al Moodie wrote:

That would work if you removed the cables and hung them vertically and sprayed&soaked for a day or two, but if you have to take them out anyway....
IMO, GW
On 08/21/2013 12:22 PM, Geoff Welsh wrote:

lube works with rust powder - not the case here. it appears that the cable outer is getting too hot, and physically bonding to the wire. or its "lubricant" liner is.
--
fact check required