Heater Problem

The heater on my `97 Civic works intermittantly. No other symptoms...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas what might cause this?

Reply to
David Glass

Doesn't work as in temp is cold, temp is inconsistent, fan doesn't blow, makes funny noise, has a bad smell, switch sticks?

See whadda mean, Vern?

Reply to
Butch Haynes

I see what you mean! Doesn't work as in heater is turned on, fan is turned on and is moving air, but the air doesn't get hot.

Reply to
David Glass

Probably the thermostat. Easy and cheap fix. Heater core is a bit different . Probably hard to get at and expensive.

Reply to
JRL

Did you try the most obvious? Fill the coolant reservoir to the =MAX= mark, then fill the rad to the top. Repeat the reservoir part for three days and see if it appears to be 'sipping' coolant overnight. If it was, you had AIR in the system.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Reply to