heater smells

I have a 1993 accord se 2 door. When I turn on the heater, it smells like solvent/ gasoline for awhile. After awhile, it's OK. If I set the air to recirculate, it's OK. Only when I set it to the
fresh air does it smell. It's been like this for at least a year. Where is the fresh air intake for the heater?

On the right side of the car in most cases at the windshield.

This is worrisome. If you are smelling gasoline on startup there may be a gas leak under the hood. Start the car once, shut it down after maybe ten seconds, and smell under the hood. If you smell gas, get it hunted down and fixed - the sooner the better. I had an engine fire once from a leaking injector. I don't recommend it :-(
Mike
snipped-for-privacy@wans.net wrote:

I had a similar issue with my '93 Accord LX last fall before I unloaded it. In my case, a joint in the fuel line had become very corroded. There was no fuel leaking onto the ground, so it was fuel vapors that were escaping.