Help-Accord 98 ignition key removal problem

I have a Honda Accord 1998 and I'm unable to remove the key. Can somebody help me with this problem???

TIA

Reply to
Pierre Rousseau

Is this a replacement key that you had cut somewhere other than a Honda Dealership? If so, you should be able to grasp the key with a pair of pliers and turn it to the remove position in the switch.

If not, try moving your steering wheel a little to ease the pressure of the wheel against the switch.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

Couple ounces of Semtex should do the trick...

Reply to
Matt Ion

You may have to torque the steering wheel HARD in one direction or the other. I use a graphite-based aerosol spray in all five of my locks to keep them working like new. It's called LockEase, and I think I got it at a locksmith, or Home Depot (hardware) It's a small blue can, with a long skinny nozzle and has lasted for about 5 years / six cars :-)

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Is it on PARK?