Help? How to replace parking brake button on '90 accord?

I just bought my '90 accord, and noticed a replacement parking brake button in the glove box. Since the button on the brake right now is all peeled, it
would be great to replace it.
One problem - I don't know how, and it doesn't seem to be a simple "unscrew it" (at least without pliers).
Can anyone offer suggestions?
Thanks!
Earl Brown
www.autozone.com does have a free repair guide for the 1990 Accord, and it does have discussion about removing the parking brake, with drawings. It doesn't cover exactly how to replace the button, so I think you're still going to have to experiment a bit. Follow the pointers to the repair guides, whence it will ask for the year, make, and model of your car, etc.
Also, look at the drawing at the online parts site www.hondaautomotiveparts.com , under parking brake of course for the 90 Accord. This looks more helpful than the autozone drawing.

parking brake button

is all peeled, it

a simple "unscrew

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 06:15:29 -0700, "Earl Brown"

this may be of no help, 11 yrs ago my dog (pup) chewed my parking brake button. I replaced it, I recall it was very easy, I just can't remember the details. If it doesn't just unscrew, remove the rear center console( 90 acccord 5 spd manual) loosen the cable and that may allow the button to be removed, don't forget to retighten the cable. It's to cold and dark right now or I might go have a look as my center console is out right now.
Ken