Help Needed with Power Windows problem Options

Hi, I have a 1993 4 door Honda Civic LX. I am having a problem closing the back windows of the car. The windows will go down, but will not go back up. I have to manually push it up while someone else holds the button. None of the control switches make a difference. So, I would think it's the motor, regulator, or another device that is giving me a problem. Or, since it is almost 15 years old and does go down, could it just need lube??? asking the experts before I yank the panels off.

Thanks

Reply to
mrbob111

window controller box (dont know technical name) These develop breaks in the solder connections, if you can open it and have all the connections re-soldered. Like the main relay it will last another decade after the repair.

The control box is in mounted to the drivers door behind the door panel. About where your knee would touch the panel. Black box about 3 inches by 4 inches give or take.

Reply to
l390f

Definitely try lube first, spray silicone lube on the side rails where the glass slides up and down.

Reply to
Grahame

indeed your likely correct., I misread the problem statement.

But do note, the window controller does fail in the 92+ Hondas, and it can be repaired just like the main relay.

Reply to
l390f