HELP!! RPM LOSS IN MY 90 ACCORD

I just bought an 90 accord, it was running great till i run it 30 mins then i slow down and the rpm needle goes down and the car turns off. i thought it was that the distributor wasnt giving it any juice but i
bought a new one and still the same thing happens can some one help me out?
Thread archive:
On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 03:23:07 -0500, raulr7 wrote:

Put some gasoline in it.
raulr7 wrote:

You just doubled the cost of the vehicle. Tell us more details about everything you checked under the hood, mileage, location, conditions and don't replace anything until you prove the problem.
'Curly'

To clarify, did you replace the distributor's--
--housing --cap --rotor --igniter --coil?
Did you use OEM distributor parts or aftermarket ones?
First thing I would have checked was the coil, based on the symptom that it does not die until after warmup. Had the same symptom with my 91 Civic a few years ago. It was the coil. Because the shop was messing with me a bit, I ended up getting an entire new distributor (all of the above). In hindsight, given the age of the car and other known ailments (or coming ailments) with the original distributor, I think it was a good choice.

There is a idle air valve on the front top of the intake manifold, try taking it off and clean carbon out of it.