Help : Trying to replace headlight bulbs in 98 Civic

Quick question for anyone who could help. The passenger side bulb of my headlight burnt out 1 yr ago and then driver side one burnt out recently. I replaced both and they're working fine however, they don't
seem to be seated properly. Because they're not seated all the way in, the light beam is directed far to high acting like hi-beams. There's a piece of metal that I think is supposed to act like a retention spring but I don't know how it's supposed to fit on the back rubber cover. Took it to Firestone and they couldn't figure it out either, suggesting that I take it to a Honda dealer. Anyone with any ideas?
Add pictures here
âś–

See my response in the other group.
--