Help w/diagnosis - specific idle problem on 99 Accord

I have a 4-cylinder 99 Accord with a180,000 miles that has always run well and is fairly well maintained. Recently developed a problem that first turned up after driving 430 miles without stopping, the last leg of a 2000
mile road trip during which the car was fine.
When I stopped for the first red light off the Interstate, the engine died. Since then, it's the same every time. The car runs normally during warmup (including idling at correct level) but once it reaches operating temp, the idle speed seems to dip to zero. Sometimes it will splutter and hold on at about 250-300 rpm but mostly it dies, especially when stopping in traffic.
So far I've changed the plugs, which were ready to be replaced but not severely worn. Any thoughts on where to look next for a fix? I appreciate any suggestions.
Symptoms are consistent with a dying ignition coil, for one, especially since the stalling does not occur until after warm up. Dying coils do not like the heat.

I had a similar problem with a chevy z24 caviler once
the problem was a silinoid called torque convertor lock up silinoid failed to release so the car was always in 4th gear. Not surprisingly the car stalled every time i stopped at a red light. The part was $50 and easy to install (outside of trans)
I would first get your codes on the computer read and I would think that the trans bad silinoid would trip a code