Help with '96 Transaxle fluid change

I know #1 is the fill, 2 is the drain, but what are plugs 3 and 4 for?
I removed 3 and what looked like transaxle fluid dribbled out.
Also, how the hell do you get fluid back into #1? Tubing?
http://www.gwfweb.com/96trans.jpg
G-Man

until it runs back put. Chip
G-Man wrote:

dipstick out of course]. as chip says, leave 3 & 4 alone.
Dipstick? This is a manual trans, no dipstick.
I did remove 3, and like I said, a few drops came out. I ended up using a funnel, and a long piece of surgical tubing attached. Took a while, but easy enough. Book said it should take 2 qts, but it took a little less, guess there is no way to drain it all.
G-Man
PS, I'd still like to know what #3 and #4 are ???