Help with '96 Transaxle fluid change

I know #1 is the fill, 2 is the drain, but what are plugs 3 and 4 for?

I removed 3 and what looked like transaxle fluid dribbled out.

Also, how the hell do you get fluid back into #1? Tubing?

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

don't screw with 3 and 4 fill with a piece of hose and a funnel until it runs back put. Chip

Reply to
chip

you fill through the dipstick hole on top [after you've taken the dipstick out of course]. as chip says, leave 3 & 4 alone.

Reply to
jim beam

Dipstick? This is a manual trans, no dipstick.

I did remove 3, and like I said, a few drops came out. I ended up using a funnel, and a long piece of surgical tubing attached. Took a while, but easy enough. Book said it should take 2 qts, but it took a little less, guess there is no way to drain it all.

G-Man

PS, I'd still like to know what #3 and #4 are ???

Reply to
G-Man