HID lights 06 honda accord?

I'm interested in installing HID lights on my hona accord. probably using a color temp of 6000k or 8000k. a few questions. has anyone done this with an
06 honda? how hard is it to install? can I do it myself? I found a few sites that sell the conversion kits, and it seems like I just remove my old bulbs, put in the HID bulbs, and the wire in the ballist for each light (planning on doing just the low beam HID lights) it says it comes with a wiring harness so does it just plug into the oem harness for the lights? thanks a lot in advance
-Nick
Add pictures here
âś–

Post this question to rec.autos.tech.
There is a poster there who does automotive lighting for a living. He is the definitive source for answers on this subject.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
TeGGeR® wrote:

Coming in late on this thread, but... check the vehicle regs in your area before you even bother doing this. Here in BC, HIDs are illegal unless the car came with them from the factory. They don't hunt you down if you install them, but if you're caught, it's a good-sized fine and your vehicle will likely be written up for inspection, in which case it's not allowed on the road until it's passed inspection, which means removing the HIDs and reinstalling the stock lighting... that's a lotta wasted effort.
Just a word of warning...
Virus Database (VPS): 0610-1, 03/08/2006
âś–