high beam works but low beam doesnt

I have a 2001 civic ex coupe. Both of my low beams just went out. The high beam works fine. All fuses have been checked and there all good. When I switch to turn on my low beams I here a clicking noise
under the hood. I had antoher h4 bulb and I tried it to see if it would work and its the same thing. Is it possible for both lights to be bad or is it some wiring issue? I need to get this fixed asap.
My Insight had the same problem. Turned out to be a bad pin at the switch in the steering column. There was a recall on it !!!!!! Check with your dealer. It cost $300 for diagnostic time to find the problem before they knew about the pin recall! They did such a terrible job I got my money back, but that's another story. Good luck...
I am experiencing the very same problem right now, any solution to this problem?
"toolowcivic" wrote: > I have a 2001 civic ex coupe. Both of my low beams just went > out. The high beam works fine. All fuses have been checked > and there all good. When I switch to turn on my low beams I > here a clicking noise under the hood. I had antoher h4 bulb > and I tried it to see if it would work and its the same thing. > Is it possible for both lights to be bad or is it some wiring > issue? I need to get this fixed asap.
"toolowcivic" wrote:

Just had the same thing on my CR-V and both bulbs had gone u/s, mind you if there is a clicking noise, there could be a chance a relay has packed up.
i had the same problem with a horrid volvo 340 (YUKK!!!). turned out to be the relay too.
rammy (u.k.)