high pitch squeal from engine area when my car is warming up

what would cause a high pitch squeal when my car is warming up when it drops below 1,000 rpms it stops. any ideas also it has 236,000 miles on it and still running strong

Reply to
naferurtyty

naferurtyty wrote in news:971635_ snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com:

Check the power steering belt tension and alternator belt tension.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns98C9D7A809E9Ftegger@207.14.116.130:

The belt may be glazed and needing replacement. Perhaps better to change it and not risk it breaking at a bad time. (when is a "good" time for a belt to break??? ) ;-)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

loose/worn belt. replace.

Reply to
jim beam

------------------------------------

If the (unknown) Honda is a first generation CR-V, it might be the idler pulley for the AC.

I've replaced two of them.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

As I turn into my driveway on a warm spring day when the wife's car is there so I can drive to the dealer for a replacement and the dealer is open and has the correct part in stock and I have the right tools and a good picture in the instruction manual and I'm not hung over from the night before. Ahh! Those were good times! bob

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob

Accessory drive belt would be my first guess.

Reply to
John Horner