high pitch squeal from engine area when my car is warming up

what would cause a high pitch squeal when my car is warming up when it drops below 1,000 rpms it stops. any ideas also it has 236,000 miles on it and still running strong

Check the power steering belt tension and alternator belt tension.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

The belt may be glazed and needing replacement. Perhaps better to change it and not risk it breaking at a bad time. (when is a "good" time for a belt to break??? ) ;-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

    As I turn into my driveway on a warm spring day when the wife's car is there so I can drive to the dealer for a replacement and the dealer is open and has the correct part in stock and I have the right tools and a good picture in the instruction manual and I'm not hung over from the night before.     Ahh! Those were good times! bob
naferurtyty wrote:

loose/worn belt. replace.
naferurtyty wrote:

If the (unknown) Honda is a first generation CR-V, it might be the idler pulley for the AC. http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/crv/x00-003e.pdf
I've replaced two of them.
'Curly'
naferurtyty wrote:

Accessory drive belt would be my first guess.