high pitch whining transmission

I have a 1990 Honda Accord EX sedan automatic trans. that make a very high pitch whining when the car goes up to 30 to 35 mph, then it dies off when I reach 40 mph. I heard that it has to deal with the
transmission. Can somebody help explain whats wrong?
nycdt3 wrote:

what mileage?
nycdt3 wrote:

It sounds like somebody has put non-Honda tranny fluid in it. Get the tranny drained and refilled with Honda Z1 ATF A.S.A.P. Should take about 3.5 - 4.0 litres. It's in your owner's manual.
Drive it a week and do it again. You can do it yourself . . it's easier than changing oil. Use google.com to find procedures, or search back in this newsgroup.
'Curly'