high pitch whining transmission

I have a 1990 Honda Accord EX sedan automatic trans. that make a very high pitch whining when the car goes up to 30 to 35 mph, then it dies off when I reach 40 mph. I heard that it has to deal with the transmission. Can somebody help explain what?s wrong?

Reply to
nycdt3

what mileage?

Reply to
jim beam

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

It sounds like somebody has put non-Honda tranny fluid in it. Get the tranny drained and refilled with Honda Z1 ATF A.S.A.P. Should take about

3.5 - 4.0 litres. It's in your owner's manual.

Drive it a week and do it again. You can do it yourself . . it's easier than changing oil. Use google.com to find procedures, or search back in this newsgroup.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'