High Pitched Squeal Civic!

I have a manual 93 honda civic with a d16z6 engine in it. Lately it has been making this really high pitched squealling noise and I can not figure out what it causing the issue. If you are in the car and have it in neutral and give the car gas you don't hear the squealing. Plus if you sit there and turn the wheel back and forth figuring it may be the power steering pump you hear nothing. The only time you hear the noise is if you are driving the car and give it gas. For some reason the only time you hear the squealling is while applying the gas pedal and moving. The squeal is very high pitched noise that almost sounds like something is rubbing or slipping.

I applied belt dressing to all the belts and they don't seem to be loose at all. What else could be causing this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Reply to
Frank

I don't think it is belt noise for the reasons you describe. If you are backing up (like on a deserted stretch of road, where you have room to test) does it change to squealing only when you lift the throttle while moving or is it still while applying throttle? I'm wondering if the difference is in the torque, which reverses in reverse gear. If so, pushing the top of the engine backward while idling may reproduce the noise and give you a clue.

If not that, I'm thinking of something that cares about how much the throttle is opened... maybe a weird intake noise.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee