Honda A/C

Evac. and added factory charge of 134a. Evap discharge temp holds between 61 and 65 deg. F. Does the low pressure switch turn the compressor off and on or a t-stat? Or does Honda systems only let the entering air get down to 61 deg. F. Ford and Dodge A/C's I've worked on normally run down to 40 deg. F or so. Anyone have any suggestions?

Reply to
Eddie C

I don't know what kind of Honda you have or what year and the number of miles, but maybe this will help? My 95 Civic's AC gave me fits until I replaced the compressor. After replacement the evaporator temps were 45 to 50 degrees depending on outside temperature. Prior to replacement, it was in the 60 to 70 degree range depending on outside temp. Good luck.

Reply to
duckbill

what are the pressures while running? you should be able to get a 39 degree center vent temp

Reply to
chip