Honda Accord EX 96-AC blows warm air

Hi,

The AC wasn?t cooling properly. The mechanic added some freeon (?) and it started working again but only for a WEEK! Now, it blows just warm air! I live in the South, which is super-hot. Any ideas/solutions?

Thanks a lot!

Reply to
Iso

you've got a leak that needs repair.

Reply to
JeB

"" wrote: > On 11 Jul 2005 03:35:35 -0400, Iso > > wrote: > > >Hi, > >

Thanks JeB but the mechanic checked for leaks and didn?t find anything. Any other ideas/suggestions?

Reply to
Iso

If it was blowing hot and the mech added freon then it blew cold for a short while ( a few days) but now is blowing hot again, you have a leak.

If the leak is located in the evaporator coil, where many are, they can be difficult to see (find) without taking the dash apart to get to it.

Take it to a different shop. Have your checkbook ready.

Reply to
Bubba

My 96 Honda Accord EX (Canadian model) had the same problem last year. It was evaporator leaking. I had to replace the evaporator. It costed 70 CAD (58 USD) for adding R134 with dye to detect the leak and 450 CAD (370 USD) to replace the evaporator with a used one from a 98 model. BTW, the evaporator leak is a common problem for 94-97 Honda Accord due to design. Need to replace it with some newer design.

Ted

"Iso" ?ÈëÓ?þ news:1_626283 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com...

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Ted