Honda Accord EX 96-AC blows warm air

Hi,
The AC wasnt cooling properly. The mechanic added some freeon (?) and it started working again but only for a WEEK! Now, it blows just warm air!
I live in the South, which is super-hot. Any ideas/solutions?
Thanks a lot!

you've got a leak that needs repair.
"" wrote: > On 11 Jul 2005 03:35:35 -0400, Iso
> wrote: > > >Hi, > > > >The AC wasnt cooling properly. The mechanic added some > freeon (?) > >and it started working again but only for a WEEK! Now, it > blows just > >warm air! > >I live in the South, which is super-hot. > > you've got a leak that needs repair.
Thanks JeB but the mechanic checked for leaks and didnt find anything. Any other ideas/suggestions?

If it was blowing hot and the mech added freon then it blew cold for a short while ( a few days) but now is blowing hot again, you have a leak.
If the leak is located in the evaporator coil, where many are, they can be difficult to see (find) without taking the dash apart to get to it.
Take it to a different shop. Have your checkbook ready.
My 96 Honda Accord EX (Canadian model) had the same problem last year. It was evaporator leaking. I had to replace the evaporator. It costed 70 CAD (58 USD) for adding R134 with dye to detect the leak and 450 CAD (370 USD) to replace the evaporator with a used one from a 98 model. BTW, the evaporator leak is a common problem for 94-97 Honda Accord due to design. Need to replace it with some newer design.
Ted