Honda Accord panic alarm problems..please help!!!

Hello, I am having trouble with my '98 Honda Accord. I would say 3 out of every 5 times I start it, the panic alarm goes off....It's the regular alarm that came on the car, the horn will just blow and blow....I have to shut off the car and disable the alarm from the remote and restart the car....I probably have to do this 3 times before it starts without the horn going off.....If anyone has ANY idea what could be causeing this, please help!! The dealership has no clue what it can be....

Thanks

Reply to
floyd

An idea... maybe not the correct one but a cheap and easy check: if the battery is getting weak the voltage might sag during starting to the point that it triggers the alarm. A new battery would be the fix.

Otherwise, glass breakage sensors are notorious for false alarms.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Sounds like the chip in the key is screwed up. Have them reprogram it. Do you have another key to try?

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

I never had a problem with the all-season tires on it. This for light snow, but anything past that I get the Pilot out :-)

If you can afford a 2nd set of wheels, get snows, and run them in the winter, then switch back in the summer...using this plan, you won't be buying anymore tires for a LONG time!

You won't get much for them anyway. They are pretty good street tires.

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

Sorry, wrong post :-)

Reply to
G-Man

Mike, Thanks for the tip...I will try this 1st as I do have another remote and key that came with it....also this is the cheapest fix!!

Thanks again...I will follow up in a few days regardless to let you know how its working ~~floyd

Reply to
floyd

Thnaks for the tip...someone else had mentioned it could be the battery....it is the original battery, so a new one sure won't hurt anyway....I don't know, do the factory panic systems have glass break sensors? ....I will try for a few days and see what happens

Thanks again ~~floyd

Reply to
floyd

This may be something you've already looked at, but have you recently added any new keys to your keyring? My panic on my '00 Accord gets pressed every now and then when I've got my keys in my pocket, and I'm wondering if it's not getting pressed when you're turning a full key ring...

-dmk

Reply to
Darren M. King

The panic kept going off due to the battery going dead....glad it was an easy fix and nothing electrical, I was worried it was a relay switch or something

take care

Reply to
floyd