Honda Accord rehab

I have a 1992 Honda Accord that has been sitting in my driveway for three years. What do I need to do to get this car in running shape? I know battery, tires, and fix original problem. What about anything
else? thanks Rob

the engine cylinders have probably rusted. probably the steering rack,too. Lots of moving parts have probably rusted. the fuel lines are probably gummed up with old gas.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

crank the motor by hand and change the oil before starting. drain and change the old gasoline too.
jim beam wrote:

I agree. I have started many Hondas that have sat for a while. Funny thing is that the fuel system is so well isolated, the gas might just be OK barely. Not a bad idea to drain it though.
JT
87 prelude sat in my garage for over 1.5years. Charged the battery up, and it fired up within 20 seconds. Carbs were probably gummed up, plus the old gas....
Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

oh yeah, and one of the wheels was rusted and locked, but it came loose after a couple minutes of back and forth.
loewent wrote:

Think about replacing everything rubber
--
madmandan