Honda accord stalls and hesitates

Hi, my 92 accord ex-r 2.2 stalls sometimes when I come to a crawling speed. The clutch is usually engaged as Im approaching a stop. The other problem I have is a hesitation while Iam driving. This
hesitation can be described as quite a violent jerk with the tach going down as the car hesitates. Also, when the car is idling, the tach goes down to virtually 0 but corrects itself sometimes, other times it stalls. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
sanjgovi wrote:

I think the erratic tach suggests a failing igniter.
If it happens only after the car is warmed up, I'd be looking first at the ignition coil; next at the igniter.
See Tegger's fabulous discussion of these and other candidates at http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#startrun .
Be sure the car has been tuned recently (plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, fuel filter, air filter, check ignitiion timing, and all electrical ignition parts must be OEM). Maintaining these will make the coil last.

me to agree with Elle - sounds like ignition. Her recommendations are the way to go.
When working with the ignition be sure never to crank the engine with no place for the spark to go, or you will be sure to have a bad ignition coil when you are done.
Mike