Honda accord starting problems

My son has a 1998 V6 Accord that has a strange starting problem. Sometimes he tries to start the car and it will not start while in park. Although, sometimes it will. He can turn the key to the on
position and pull the shifter into park and sometimes it will start there. Sometimes it will not. When it rufuses to start he will move the shifter back and forth betwenn neutral and park several times and tries it again. Many times he will have to do this several times before he can get the car to start. This doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes the car will start with no problem at all.
I am assuming there is some sort of interlock microswitch somewhere that is not being made all the time, and needs adjusting. I have a Haynes book on the car. It shows a wire going from the starter cut relay and the powertrain control module to the gear position switch (through the neutral and park positions only) then onto ground. If this is the problem, can someone tell me if this switch is? If not, does anyone have any other suggestions at to what my problem is.
Thanks Reggie
There are many experts out there who will give you a lot more than this. You could possibly be having a problem with your brake interlock system. He is always pressing on the brake as he tries to start it, right? Good luck.
reggie wrote:

Though this is a Civic recall, read the 'adjustment' part . . . It may apply to your situation. My CR-V needed this adjustment and now it's better. Couldn't get it to come out of PARK if I shut it off in neutral, then moved it to PARK. Had to use the 'shifter release' trick.
'Curly'
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/civic/x94-010e.pdf