Honda Accord US Wagon 1994 master cylinder

The brake master cylinder on my Honda Wagon has an interanl leak, in that the pedal will gradually go down to the floor if you maintain pressure on it. Honda tell me that I should replace the master cylinder, but I see no
reason why it can not be overhauled & the seals replaced. Does anyone have experience with these?
Add pictures here
âś–

See my reply in rec.autos.makers.honda
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

Not with those in particular. Most shops will recommend replacement rather than overhaul because it is what they would do. Professionals replace rather than repair because the responsibility for the part rests on them if they repair and on the vender if they replace... and overhaul at shop labor rates would be much more expensive than replacement.
Rebuilt cylinders are usually as reliable as new ones (in sharp contrast to the situation with starters and alternators). Call around about prices on rebuild kits and on rebuilt cylinders. Sometimes the prices are very close, and occasionally the price of a rebuilt is less than the kit. I once had to fix a wheel cylinder on a Plymouth and found the kit was $9 while a rebuilt (exchange) was only $3 from the same store! Go figure.
BTW - this is non-ABS, isn't it?
Mike
Add pictures here
âś–