Honda Accord2006 audio query

Hi all, Apologies at the outset if this isn't the right NG to post my query.
I have some MP3 cds which I cannot listen to in my 2006 Honda Accord as the
audio system does not recognize the MP3 format of the cd. Can someone here please suggest a not so expensive way to upgrade the system? Or is buying an iPod the only way out? Any help appreciated. TIA,