Honda C-RV door problem.

Hi!

Both my rear side doors is very hard to open. I have tried to lubricate the metal slider going into the door from the door frame , but with no effect at all.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to open up the door panel in order to get to the parts that needs lubricated?

Reply to
Zadig Galbaras

I forgot...: I''s a 1998 model with about 100 000 Km on the odometer

Reply to
Zadig Galbaras

There's good parts diagrams at

You might just need some real oil in the hinges as well as the white lithium grease on the top and bottom of the slider thingies.
even has the technical name for the 'slider thingies' :-)

Your tailgate may need liquid oil in the hinges too. There's been clunking noises attributed to dry tailgate hinges on the first generation CR-V.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Ah. that's where thoise noises comes from... And thank you for the link to the Honda parts.

Reply to
Zadig Galbaras