Honda Civic 1.4 i-shift - Problems?

I have decided to lease a 1.4 i-shift in January, but the wife mentions to me last night that she was speaking to "Someone who knows about cars" and they said there are reports of problems with this model!

I've looked all over on the net, and can only find reviews on the 1.8 etc, and they all seem to be good!!!

Am I missing something or is this KNOW IT ALL full of it?

Considering that my current 1.4 civic (automatic) has always been fine for me (forgetting the thing is about to die now after a lot of miles and abuse) I am now starting to have that inner worry of..... Have I done the right or wrong thing here!!!

Reply to
Mr_K

Your in the UK right? Then I wouldn't worry about it, cuz nobody knows anything about cars over there.... :)

Damn positive ground electrics.... :)

Just kidding. But for sure that 'guy' has no idea what he's talking about.

Mr_K wrote:

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com

Well it has to be said that "I" am clueless.... Just never been into cars.....

I have asked the missus to ask the "Know it all" what problems he read about... dammed if I can find anything other than the gear changing side being a bit slow, but heck... a 1.4.... what the heck would you expect!!!!

Reply to
Mr_K

Hi,

my daughter bought one a month ago and she is verry happy with it. She loves the 6 gears a lot!

BTW: honda is well known for extremely good engines. The Civic is assembled in the UK ;-)

Greetings from Belgium,

Chris

Reply to
Blackbird-EBOS