HONDA CIVIC 1.8 HATCHBACK N2006 MODEL

@Check system occurs regularly. Been into garage twice they cannot find anything wrong. Also noisy exhaust they say is normal. Daisy.

Reply to
Daisy

===================================

We can just wait until Psychic Wednesday if you can't come up with a better description. Starting with what country you're in, the CODES on your work order, and what's the mileage?

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Daisy wrote in news:952686_ snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com:

We'd love to help, but that Check Engine light can mean 200 different things.

Please provide:

1) The actual error code number the mechanic discovered; 2) What model and year your car is; 3) What engine it has (4 or 6); 4) How many miles on the odometer; 5) What country you're in, 6) What symptoms made you have the mechanic look at it in the first place.
Reply to
Tegger

Hi Tegger, Not erro code. Model Honda Civic 1.8 ES I-VTEC registered April 2005.

5000 miles. England. Symptons were that the ?Check system? keeps appears unfortunately intermittent. Exhaust is noisy but they say this is okay. Any advice would be helpful. The garage is having it in New Year but they could have it a week and it won?t happen !!!!

"Tegger" wrote: > Daisy wrote in news:952686_ > snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com: > > > @Check system occurs regularly. Been into garage twice they > cannot > > find anything wrong. Also noisy exhaust they say is normal. > Daisy. > > > > > We'd love to help, but that Check Engine light can mean 200 > different > things. > > Please provide: > 1) The actual error code number the mechanic discovered; > 2) What model and year your car is; > 3) What engine it has (4 or 6); > 4) How many miles on the odometer; > 5) What country you're in, > 6) What symptoms made you have the mechanic look at it in the > first place. > > > -- > Tegger > > The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ >

Daisy

You won't be able to see the error code yourself without a code reader, but the "check engine" light means there is an error code - maybe more than one, even if there is only one problem - stored. On this side of the pond a lot of auto parts chain stores will read the codes for free (in hopes of selling a part to fix the problem); I don't know if there is any alternative to taking it to a garage over there. The code will tell why the light is coming on, and from that they will be put on the track to knowing what is wrong.

The vehicle is under warranty, I hope?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Daisy wrote in news:954089_d5a0b607c9634f75e33c8c3707899c21 @autoboardz.com:

If the Check Engine light is coming on, then an error code has been stored and may be retrieved.

If the light comes on but NO code is stored, then the engine's computer may be faulty (which is very unlikely but is possible).

The car should still be under warranty. Maybe your garage has used up their warranty allotment from Honda and don't want to help you because they'd have to eat the cost. They're not behaving very chivalrously, anyway.

If the Check Engine light comes on with no codes whatsoever, then somebody had better find out why. That's NOT normal.

Reply to
Tegger

"Michael Pardee" wrote in news:l6CdnZWIx9-TTxbYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@sedona.net:

Daisy is in the UK. Over there it looks like Honda's stil using the MIL- flash method, with the Service Check connector under the passenger kick panel.

One thing I forgot to have Daisy do is have her dealer check for Technical Service Bulletins. It has happened occasionally that there is a fault of some kind that results in an MIL with no codes stored.

Reply to
Tegger

Thanks Tegger for all the informatrion will pass onto my garagfe. Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year Daisy

"Daisy" wrote: > @Check system occurs regularly. Been into garage twice they > cannot find anything wrong. Also noisy exhaust they say is > normal. Daisy.

Reply to
Daisy

Daisy wrote in news:954810_b548773925c7520167e0a53d0e2d8d8f@

0000.com:

Good luck.

Make sure your dealer checks for Technical Service Bulletins having to do with your symptom (Check Engine light on, no codes stored, no other problems).

Reply to
Tegger