Honda Civic 2001 - windshield fluid light always on

Some years ago, a mechanic "pulls the plug" so my car's speedometer stops. It's been left like this for quite a few months before it's pluged back in.

Since then, different lights on the dashboard turns on for no reason. Another mechanic then suggest me to change the sensor (that plug). That helps a bit, but now, the windshield fluid light is on all-the- time. Now, another mechanic said it may be some salt (from the winter) got into the socket (where the "plug" plugs into), so replacing the socket should help.

Have anyone experience this before? Should I replace the socket as what the mechanic suggested?

Thanks, Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy

You and your ? mechanic should learn how to troubleshoot electrical problems. If you don't know how to use a multimeter find another mechanic who does. You need to check the voltage at the switch and trace it from there. By the way you cannot cheat on car mileage in today's cars by unplugging speedometers.

Reply to
Woody