Honda Civic 2006

Hey All, I have my heart on 2006 Honda Civic. I just had a chance to test drive in a parking lot but I just loved it. I am not a car buff and I am looking for a reasonable commute car but seems like 2006 Civic goes a lot further than that.

Before I buy just wanted to know from people who already own the car if there is something I should look out for...Thanks for your responses.......

Reply to
learnfpga

I just bought an '06 Civic LX.

Look out for? Poles, parked cars, ditches, buildings, pedestrians, curbs, the usual stuff. The fuel mileage *may* be exaggerated *slightly*, but I haven't owned the car long enough to make claim to that.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Hey All, I have my heart on 2006 Honda Civic. I just had a chance to test drive in a parking lot but I just loved it. I am not a car buff and I am looking for a reasonable commute car but seems like 2006 Civic goes a lot further than that. Before I buy just wanted to know from people who already own the car if there is something I should look out for...Thanks for your responses.......

Since you are a car buff, consider the Civic Si. If they don't have a Si on the car lot, ask for a free booklet at the dealership. They may also have details at the honda.com website. However, if you have a family the four door Civic (regular model) would be a better (and cheaper) option for you. Jason

Reply to
Jason Johnson

There are some fundamental issues with having a Civic Si over a DX/LX/EX as a commuter/daily driver:

-2 doors

-91+ octane requirement

-ground clearance

-fuel mileage

-MSRP

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

actually i am not a car buff and i am looking for a commuter car............

What I meant was if there were any known issues that people have come across after buying the car..

Reply to
learnfpga

I've had my 2006 Civic LX sedan a little over a month now, almost 1800 miles. No issues so far. It handles well -- tight steering and suspension. You can feel the road -- something I like a lot, but others have characterized as a rough ride. Personally, I don't want to feel like I'm sitting on the sofa in the living room when traveling down the road. :)

A couple of minor things: The audio system's mediocre. I'll probably drop in some better speakers and a small amp in the next few months.

Some people don't like the split deck design with the speedometer visible over the steering wheel. It took a little getting used to, but now it seems so _right._

After three Saturns, the last of which was destroyed in a tornado, I made the switch to Honda.

Definitely the right decision.

--Nan

Reply to
nblomgren

Love the car (bought an EX) but there is one thing I find annoying. The front bar on the passenger side door tends to hide things to the front left of the car. That becomes dangerous at crosswalks and stops. We also have a CRV and I find the same sort of problem (too a lesser degree). Didn't really notice it on the test drive ... and even if I had it wouldn't have made me change my mind ... although I may have haggled more over the price :-)

Reply to
saf

I bought an EX 4dr about 6 weeks ago. Have about 3200 miles on it and love the car. I downgraded from an '04 TL w/ NAVI and don't think I settled at all. It is a joy to ride. No complaints whatsoever.

Reply to
shitdick

If I lived where there were commutor lanes which allowed civic hybrids to use with one passenger I would consider the hybrid. My wife's brother in law bought a Prius and in his commute in California he saves 40 minutes per day.

Reply to
Art

Unfortunately that bar is probably thicker these days for safety issues. Your safety.... not the pedestrian you run over because of the blind spot.

Reply to
Art