HONDA CIVIC

I HAVE A 1990 HONDA CIVIC I CAN'T GET ANY SPARK I'VE CHANGED THE DIST. CAP & ROTOR &IGNITOR & HAD COIL CHECKED OUT CAN ANYONE HELP THANKS

Reply to
wrongway

"wrongway" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Please turn off your Caps Lock key. English is written in a combination of upper and lower case letters according to pre-existing rules.

The coil might "check out" fine in a resistance test, but still be feeding current directly to ground under actual load.

Is your Check Engine light flashing? Any Codes stored in the ECU? To check: Pull back carpet in passenger footwell until you see the ECU box. Turn ignition ON and count flashes of the red LED. There may be long and short blinks and a pause as the sequence repeats. There may be more than one code stored.

Had the engine been cranked with the cap and/or wires removed?

Reply to
TeGGeR®