honda civic 95

Hi need a bit of advise my honda civic 1.4 -- seems to have lost power passsed 60 -70 mph -- i used to be able to get to 80 -90 with no problem but it struggles to do 70+ with mey foot to the floor - what could be the problem could it be the head gasket-- ps it seems to be making abit of a exhaust noice nothing much -- as if the manifold could have come loose --

Reply to
hondabluebob

Possibly the cadillac converter?

Reply to
Alan

The exhaust noise probably comes from gasses leaking at gasket with the springs on the front end of the catalytic converter. Open the driver's door when you punch it at speed. You need to replace the cat and figure out what killed it. Too many additives, LEAD, bad O2 sensor? Google it. I just went thru this. Contact me and I"ll send you a couple of links...remove the obvious underscores in my e-mail address.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

"Alan" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Yes. Maybe it's converting your Honda into a Cadillac. Cadillacs are slow because old farts don't drive fast anyway.

Reply to
TeGGeR®