Honda Civic Blower

I have a 2000 Honda Civic EX. Recently I had to replace the battery and this locked my radio (EX model). Since I didnt have the code I had to have the radio removed by a local mechanic, read the S/N at the
back of the radio and call Honda to get the code to unlock the radio.
Since then my blower always blows warm air no matter what the setting is on the dial. Even when I turn on the AC it blows warm air.
Do you guys think that the mechanic did some thing by mistake while putting the radio back? Or is it an unrelated issue?
By the way he had to open a lot of panels in the front dash to get to the radio. Thanks for all responses....