Honda Civic EX 2002 ABS trouble

Hi everyone, I have a problem. As long as my car is parked with the engine running all functon seem to operate well. However, within 5-10 seconds of the car in motion, the ABS light comes on along with the emergency brake or as some call it the Hand Brake. When the car comes to a stop at a traffic light the both the warning for emergency brake and ABS turn of in under 20 seconds. The ABS is clearly not working? Any suggestions? To fix the ABS I have tried the following: Installation of new pads New Emergency Brake Cables Any suggestions would be appreciated?

thanks

Reply to
omairahmed74

One of your sensors is not 'reporting in' when the car moves. The car is only 4 years old. You should try cleaning the grease /grunge off the ABS sensors and the front rings (best guess).

What CODE was retrieved? Who performed the work?

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Reply to
Woody

motsco_ wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@interbaun.com:

Ditto. That would be the WHEEL sensors, the ones behind the brake disc/drum.

If the car sits a lot, corrosion will take over with lightning speed.

The pickup and its wire can also get bent/damaged. Check those too.

Reply to
TeGGeR®