Honda Civic EX 2002 ABS trouble

Hi everyone, I have a problem. As long as my car is parked with the engine running all functon seem to operate well. However, within 5-10 seconds of the
car in motion, the ABS light comes on along with the emergency brake or as some call it the Hand Brake. When the car comes to a stop at a traffic light the both the warning for emergency brake and ABS turn of in under 20 seconds. The ABS is clearly not working? Any suggestions? To fix the ABS I have tried the following: Installation of new pads New Emergency Brake Cables Any suggestions would be appreciated?
thanks
omairahmed74 wrote:

One of your sensors is not 'reporting in' when the car moves. The car is only 4 years old. You should try cleaning the grease /grunge off the ABS sensors and the front rings (best guess).
What CODE was retrieved? Who performed the work?
'Curly'

Ditto. That would be the WHEEL sensors, the ones behind the brake disc/drum.

If the car sits a lot, corrosion will take over with lightning speed.
The pickup and its wire can also get bent/damaged. Check those too.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Check the level of your brake fluid. As the pads wear the fluid goes down and becomes marginal on the switch. Master cylinder fluid switch turns on the brake light same as parking lever. ABS is disabled by the computer for many engine and car faults to keep it from becoming erratic.