Honda Civic - rear slides sideways

Hi everybody,

I have a Honda Civic 96 with about 86k miles on it. I have noticed a weird behavior lately: when I drive over a bump in the road, even slight ones, the rear wheels briefly slide sideways.

My questions:

  1. What is the problem - tires, suspensions?
  2. How to fix it, is it costly?
  3. Does it need immediate attention, I mean is it dangerous for the car or passangers?

Thanks

check all the bushings & ball joints of the suspension, and the shocks. tires are possible, but more obvious.

depends what's wrong & whether you do the work yourself!

yes, absolutely. it may not be so bad now it's summer, but in the winter, that's a /very/ dangerous condition.

Reply to
jim beam

Thanks for your reply.

This explains then why the car was so unstable on wet roads last winter. I'll have it fixed ASAP