Honda civic Rust control

I scraped the side of my civic last summer on a wall. Then it caught rust. I scrapped it off with sand paper and put touch paint all over. Now after 4
months, the rust is back from under the touch paint with a vengence!!
Does anyone have any "do it yourself" ideas to my rust control? I know i cannot get rid of it..Just looking for effective ideas to control.
thanks kindly!

First you needed to neutralize or sand off ALL that rust (Naval Jelly or other), keping in mind that rust usually extends at least 1/16" under the "good" paint. Then you needed to use zinc-rich primer under the new paint.
Failure to do these things is why your rust came back.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

rust.
4
You could again scrape the paint, sand down the rust, paint it with POR15 (a rust inhibitor/converter), sand it, prime it and repaint it. POR15 is not cheap, but it all you have to do it is a small spot, it won't break a bank.
Remco

(a
bank.
One more note: POR15 is a really hard finish paint you you'll want to get it as smooth as possible on the first try. Sanding it is hard work.