Honda Civic Si Sedan (North America)

Any news about launching the new Honda Civic Si Sedan in Fall 2006??.... updates anybody!

What Civic Si sedan?
Never heard of it.
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

Check this out for details: http://automobiles.honda.com/civic_si_sedan/index.aspx

Me, I want the sedan to have an automatic transmission. Honda would sell the hell out of them.
Let the coupe be the bearer for the purist; hell, the purists wouldn't have four doors anyway. Let the sedan be the "grownup" Si--for those of us who had the Si in our youths, would like to have it again, but have more practical considerations to deal with. Me, I have kids; sure, I have the Odyssey to deal with that, but a second car has to be able to handle them easily as well. That requires 4 doors.
And I use my car for business; a manual transmission nowadays gets in the way of that.
And my wife has leg problems....she'd go for an auto trans in an instant, but would balk at a manual trans (as much as she'd hate to admit it).
Practical: 4 doors. Practical: auto trans. Fun: Civic Si.
(And frankly, I'm not sure I wouldn't trade out those performance tires for good all-seasons...but that's just me. I'd be happy to pay the extra $500 for that, outside the car sale.)
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:50:52 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

Exactly. I wanna a Si and the only thing stopping me is the manual trans (actually my wife since she refuse to learn the stick.)
Honda should smart up and realize purist speed-demons would not want to buy Sedan anyway, only the family man with wife/children would get them. This democraphic people drives auto, not manual.
I can't believe they can't put 197 horsepower i-VTEC and an auto trans together, how about throwing in the CVT?

Depends on the government's insurance regulations in one's area. Some jurisdictions impose extremely high rates on "sports cars", which definition is so loosely defined as to capture all 2-door cars. 4-door cars escape that.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

i second that. in a time when all the "hot" cars offer paddle-shifting on the steering wheel, it's just nuts not to offer the same feature on the si. and guess what, the controls necessary to implement paddle-shifting means these cars drive in automatic mode as well! yet another example of the honda marketing team missing the mark.

I always think Honda has the ability to dominate the automobile industry the way Microsoft dominates the software industry. However, it seems like Honda always find ways to shoot itself in the foot, and let car makers like Toyota, Nissan, etc. hang around.

Dan wrote:

it'll take more than a honda to kill toyota. toyota have the technology /down/, plus they have the cost/value equation down as well. the celica has as good a suspension as you can get on mcphersons, a good motor and tight execution. but the corolla is deliberately inferior in every way [except reliability] - because of the decision to maintain a cost/value differential. honda never did that. the 88-00 civic suspensions kick seven different kinds of rear end, just like the integras, accords and preludes - but there's a no /real/ differentiation between these honda products. externally however, this universally excellent handling allowed honda to compete with toyota, and built /huge/ customer loyalty, but was a costly maneuver from a marketing viewpoint. and of course, the moment honda figure this out and they decide to give it up, there's nissan and subaru waiting in the wings. really bad timing.
got to hand it to nissan & subaru though. nissan is the product of marketing genius. car's aren't really that special, but the package looks/sounds great. and those wrx subarus are rocket ships.
honda, want the loyalty/market back? a "new" crx with wishbones, paddle-shift/auto and a hatchback - that would sell me!

Come on now, we all know 4 cylinder motoring works best with a manual! Especially with the AC on. That's what hooked me on Honda, smooth I4 mated to nice shifting gearbox. I personally hope they don't 'dilute' the Si any more with an auto trans. The coupe is still selling like hotcakes with +$ market adjustments and I bet every manual sedan gets sold without much negotiation from the dealer.
MAT wrote:

you need to try a modern automatic. the electronic control algorithm on the modern civics is actually pretty sweet. mechanically efficient too. all they need is the paddle shift and a couple of extra ratios to progress from "sweet" to "hot". every f1 car, for the last decade+ has had this kind of "diluted" transmission. porsche & ferrari offer them as standard. [i think everyone has heard of porsche's "tiptronic" trade name - and i can tell you they're /awesome/ to drive.] it's time for honda to catch up.

I liked it the first time I saw it...when it was called a TSX
Nobody wrote:

Wow, TSX has an LSD too?

I should availability will be a problem just like it is for the 2 dr SI. Seen a couple at the local dealer in the last 6 months what were all taken well before they got here. Recall being told last Jan if I wanted one, I would have to put a $1,000 down as deposit for possible delivery in July.