Honda Civic Type-S??

I have the opportunity to buy a 2004 Honda Civic. This car looks like the regular LX version of the Civic family, (5-spd, spoiler, tinted windows, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, etc..) but there's a couple
stickers on the sides of the front fenders that say Type-S. Now I've heard of Civic Si's & Type-R's but is there actually such a thing as a Civic Type-S? Or would these be stickers the previous owner slapped on to make his ride look "faster"?
Thanks, Jerry
There is no Type S for civic. Acura uses this on their RSX and TL/CL but a Honda Civic is only a VP, DX, LX, EX, or Si in the USA. Those are 'speed stickers' and if it were a Si it would have a 6 speed not a 5. What you are describing is either a LX or EX. Call your local honda dealer with the VIN number and they will be able to tell you.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

What country are you in?
I am reasonably sure that there was never a Type-S Civic in North America at any time. If you are in North America, I am guessing that this Civic is a ricer in disguise... and heavily abused. Avoid it.

Does it look like this??:
http://tinyurl.com/28zjk5
Chris (in the UK)

In 1983 Honda made a 1500 S Civic (called the Black Sheep).
says...

http://www.jaycronen.com/vehicles/images/jpg/honda-civic-1500-full.jpg
I'd love to find one of those in nice shape (and the garage space to store it in - not that it would take much, but more than I have now).
Dave

I really liked the one I owned. It didn't take up a lot of space at all.