Honda Civic viberates when you drive...

I have a 1991 Honda Civic and when I drive it seems like the front wheels are out of alignment and feels like the tires have lost their weights and
that the tires are out of roudness... The sterring wheel shakes back and forth as if the front wheels are shimming left and right... any ideas what might be hapening or do I need to explaing more in details?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
Robert Bodling wrote:

1. balance 2. bad tire 3. loose lug nuts 4. bashed wheel 5. balljoint 6. bearing 7. bad driveshaft
you need to get in there and investigate asap.
How many miles and years are on the tires?
Is their a pattern of uneven wear on the tires?
When were the tires last balanced?
Has the car hit anything recently, such as a pothole?
Are the tires inflated to the correct pressure?
Does the power steering reservoir appear to be in spec?

separating. If it happens only above maybe 40 mph, it's probably a balance issue. Either of those is a job for your trusty tire shop - if it isn't tires, they will probably refer you back to your mechanic. Of course, rotating the tires front to back will clarify whether it is the tires/wheels or the front end.
Mike
Mike
Sounds like a bad velocity joint...
Professor www.telstar-electronics.com
I would: 1. make sure all the lug nuts are tight 2. jack up the car and spin the wheel, look for damage, feel the treads/tire, listen for sounds 3. and if that's not it, bring it in to the shop

Robert Bodling wrote:

Swap the left front tire to the back. Drive it. If that didn't fix it do the same on the other side.
You'll figure it out. You'll also get to learn how to use the jack. :-)
'Curly'