Honda Civics are sooo cute...but why would a Man want a car that looks cute?

Page 2 of 2
Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

Wow, 15 hurts. My T-cab gets about 20 when the OD is working... 13 without.
Jeff DeWitt
Jeff DeWitt wrote:

Nothin' hurtin' heeyah! The '82 $200 Honda gets better than 30 mpg despite a nearly dead hole...
<G>
JT
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 12:36:35 -0700, "Michael Pardee"
Blah.
Modern Vdubs are asexual, but the old Karman Ghia was the girliest car on the planet.
Camaro in its latter days became a girlie car, too, IMHO.
I dunno, outside of mini-vans being mom cars, not much of anything else I have a current gender-association with. Guys and girls both drive SUVs (much too often). Mostly guys in F150s, I guess. A pretty girl in an S2000 is hot, but then a pretty girl out of an S2000 is hot.
Civics? If Honda would sell them in pink, that might be girly.
J.
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 19:33:26 -0400, Smartie Panse wrote:

Because the Si Coupe has a 180HP engine? That's all the 'cute' I need...the view of the rear of my car!
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 22:52:02 +0000, Hachiroku ハチロク wrote:

197 HP these days...
On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 04:54:17 +0000, Joe LaVigne wrote:

Sounds good to me!!!
Unfortunately, there was quite a wait in my area, so I bought a Scion tC.
30 HP less, but the thing I really don't like is the seating position. The Honda was MUCH more comfortable!
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 04:05:23 +0000, Hachiroku ハチロク wrote:

They are built for different segments of the buying public, really. The Scion is a nice looking car, but it is built to be purchased as a 1st car for a young guy. It is affordable (in base configurations), but not luxurious.
People may argue the same about a Civic, but the Si is extremely comfortable, and has every option I would want in a car, so it was a good buy for me. I am probably out of their target audience (going on 35 Years old, and overweight), but it is comfortable, quick, and extremely fun to drive.
I'll probably be on the lookout this year for a used Odyssey. I may never buy another American car again, after owning a Honda...
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 04:51:37 +0000, Joe LaVigne wrote:

Your demographics are interesting, as attested to by referring to both model's target audience.
But I throw the curve WAY off. I'm 50 and like Toyotas just a very slight bit better than Hondas, but the Civic wasn't available for at least 90 days... The Scion with everything I wanted was sitting on the lot!

Smartie Panse wrote:

If you need a car to define your masculinity than something is very wrong.
Lowest total cost of ownership- - low cost - slow depreciation - minimal maintanence - high mileage
Than a real man can spend all his savings on his girl friend.
The main drawback is high insurance costs due to high theft and hgih accident rate of younger owners.
This is a funny topic.
I went from 12 mile round trip commute, ( by bicycle in good weather) to a 56 mile commute. I also own a 78 Chevy C10 and 2000 Subaru OB wagon. Girlfriend won't drive C10, I have had it with gas suppliers using CNN headlines to move fuel prices all over map, now I own a gas sippin nippon car. 2007 Civic, no regrets, but just 9 days of ownership. And my GF still loves my manliness(although she whispers Dan in my ear alot). I could give a S*** about what other people think, but then again, I am damn near fifty and can see that I am getting cantankerous in my middleage. If you want a car that is an extension of your personality(or sexuality), then the Civic is great, it means you go a long distance with a little fuel in the tank and are reliable for getting it on for a long time. And always ready to go, what else do we need cars for?