Honda Civics are sooo cute...but why would a Man want a car that looks cute?

My choice for recreation these days is my '56 Studebaker Power Hawk, (bought from the original owner in 1966). Very graceful yet gets 25 mpg on the highway or if I feel extra "manly," it will be the T-cab P/U that gets 15 mpg on a good day...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

197 HP these days...
Reply to
Joe LaVigne

Wow, 15 hurts. My T-cab gets about 20 when the OD is working... 13 without.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Nothin' hurtin' heeyah! The '82 $200 Honda gets better than 30 mpg despite a nearly dead hole...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

If you need a car to define your masculinity than something is very wrong.

Reply to
John Horner

Sounds good to me!!!

Unfortunately, there was quite a wait in my area, so I bought a Scion tC.

30 HP less, but the thing I really don't like is the seating position. The Honda was MUCH more comfortable!
Reply to
Hachiroku

They are built for different segments of the buying public, really. The Scion is a nice looking car, but it is built to be purchased as a 1st car for a young guy. It is affordable (in base configurations), but not luxurious.

People may argue the same about a Civic, but the Si is extremely comfortable, and has every option I would want in a car, so it was a good buy for me. I am probably out of their target audience (going on 35 Years old, and overweight), but it is comfortable, quick, and extremely fun to drive.

I'll probably be on the lookout this year for a used Odyssey. I may never buy another American car again, after owning a Honda...

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

Lowest total cost of ownership- - low cost - slow depreciation - minimal maintanence - high mileage

Than a real man can spend all his savings on his girl friend.

The main drawback is high insurance costs due to high theft and hgih accident rate of younger owners.

Reply to
rick++

Your demographics are interesting, as attested to by referring to both model's target audience.

But I throw the curve WAY off. I'm 50 and like Toyotas just a very slight bit better than Hondas, but the Civic wasn't available for at least 90 days... The Scion with everything I wanted was sitting on the lot!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Blah.

Modern Vdubs are asexual, but the old Karman Ghia was the girliest car on the planet.

Camaro in its latter days became a girlie car, too, IMHO.

I dunno, outside of mini-vans being mom cars, not much of anything else I have a current gender-association with. Guys and girls both drive SUVs (much too often). Mostly guys in F150s, I guess. A pretty girl in an S2000 is hot, but then a pretty girl out of an S2000 is hot.

Civics? If Honda would sell them in pink, that might be girly.

J.

Reply to
JXStern

This is a funny topic.

I went from 12 mile round trip commute, ( by bicycle in good weather) to a

Reply to
Rowdy Yates