HONDA CR-V PROBLEM

I have a Honda CR-V EX Auto Transmission 2000, I have a problem on it and I would like to know what it could be. When you pedal a bicycle and a chain falls off but you keep pedaling, the bike is getting nowhere, its coming to a stop, when you pedal it does not pull or go. SO the problem with my car is very similar. When my car is in [D]rive, I step on the gas, the car keeps going for maybe a block, then the RPM out of nowhere starts to go up but the MPH does not go up, and the car comes to a stop because its not pulling anywhere. I turn off the car, wait 10min and then I am able to go again for a block, well the same problem persists. I dont understand the problem, If its the transmission or the Engine or whatever else it could be. Can anybody help me and tell me what the problem may be?

Reply to
beefy420

My thoughts are that the pump is weak as it heats up it stops pumping ATF, how far will the car go, when the engine temp is cold. If it will go a few miles until it reaches operating temp, I think I am somewhere in the ball park.(weak pump)

If these cars had a trans filter I would think its probably in need of changing, how many miles on the car?

I don't think a fluid change would help, but its easy to do, there's a posibility that there is something in the valve body that might flush out with a fluid change.If it were mine I would drain the trans, and re-fil it with Honda ATF Fluid, I think there is a drain plug, so it can't be to difficult, don't over fill it!

Did you talk to Honda about the problem, if so what are they saying?

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

------------------------------------

Follow the Owner's manual and check the tranny fluid level on the dipstick. Wipe some ot it on a piece of paper and tell us what color it is, and what does it smell like. What's your mileage and when did you last have the tranny fluid changed? WHO changed it?

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _

Reply to
Dave

Do you have any warning lights on the dash? Do you hear a high whining sound? It could be your tranny, check the ATF first.

Cheerio.

Reply to
NewYapAhLoy