Honda CRV fuel gauge

I have a new CRV. The low-fuel light comes on too early. It still has ~16 litres in the tank, where the specs say it should be 10.4l. I took it back to the dealer who gave me the old load of bull "all the new cars
do that". Has anyone else had this problem? It's not serious - just irritating! Cheers, BK
I just thought that they made the gastank smaller. It kind of freaked me out when It came on and it was 30 miles in either direction to a gas station, but I made it just fine.

Why would you let the gas go below 1/4 tank anyway?

Yes, why would you let the gas go below 1/4 tank? You may not want the fuel to suck up all the grit and grime at the bottom - even though you got a new V. Cheerio.

I've heard this urban legend so many times it's comical. The gas feeds from the bottom of the tank you know. Plus the roads aren't so smooth that there's no sloshing around of the gas, let alone all the hitting the gas and brakes and turning right and left.
DaveL

Seem strange to say what you are saying. I have never had any problem with any of my Hondas in all the years I have owned them because of fuel. Please tell me where this is documented, and someone who has actually experienced bad things from letting their tank go low. Not well dirt got in there, or sugar or water or anything else that would be obvious.
1987 Honda civic 185K miles 1990 Honda Civic Lx 272K miles 1994 Honda Civic LX 174K Miles 1999 Honda Civic EX 102K miles (still own and drive) 2001 Honda CRV EX 97K Miles (still own and drive) 2005 Honda CRV EX 5k Miles (wifes car)
So I will put over 835,000 miles drive and running the tank to the Idiot light comes on against that statement. (I will hit 1,000,000 miles driving in Hondas on or about August 2007.)
But on topic the light does come on rather early in the newer models, so far I have run it 30 miles (highway) past when it came on. I figure I had about another 3/4 of a gallon to go, but I could be wrong.
On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:46:21 -0400, "D.D. Palmer"